Forum: RSpec Using cucumber profiles with rake task

D340cf8d454f82eddcade05302ea6af3?d=identicon&s=25 Francisco Trindade (frankmt)

Im trying to set up an environment where I am able to run different
cucumber profiles (webrat/selenium) in the same project.

I did manage to make them work using the cucumber command, so this
command works:
cucumber -p selenium features/done/items_selenium.feature

The problem I have is when I try to do the same thing using the rake
task. I followed the advice given on this thread
(http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/177404) and changed the rake task to
what is described below, but apparently the rake task does not consider
if you are passing a profile or not, and keeps requiring every file from
the features directory, generating some conflicts.

Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:features) do |t|
  profile = ENV['PROFILE'] || 'default'
  t.cucumber_opts = "-p #{profile} --format progress"
end

I did manage to make it work using this parameters in the rake task:

Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:features) do |t|
  t.cucumber_opts = "--format progress"
  t.step_pattern =
["features/webrat_steps/**/*.rb","features/support/webrat_env.rb"]
  t.feature_pattern = "features/**/*_webrat.feature"
end

but Im wondering if there is not a better way of doing this, reusing the
elements from the cucumber profile.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
Francisco
F86901feca747abbb5c6c020362ef2e7?d=identicon&s=25 Zach Dennis (zdennis)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Francisco Trindade
<lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> task. I followed the advice given on this thread
>
> elements from the cucumber profile.
>
> Am I missing something?

The Cucumber rake task doesn't support profiles very well. There is a
ticket for this:

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tick...

On the ticket Ben Mabey provided his current solution, which is to
clear out the feature list:

 Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:selenium) do |t|
   ENV['WEBRAT'] = 'selenium'
   t.cucumber_opts = "--profile selenium"
   t.feature_list = []

Zach Dennis
http://www.continuousthinking.com
http://www.mutuallyhuman.com
D340cf8d454f82eddcade05302ea6af3?d=identicon&s=25 Francisco Trindade (frankmt)
on 2009-02-10 17:54
Thanks, now it makes sense.

Regards,
Francisco