Forum: NGINX Enable Pipelining in 0.6.35

37ffa5245cf7b33e467cd1b9a4788040?d=identicon&s=25 Nginx Lova (ilovenginx)
on 2009-02-10 01:10
Hi

I did a few searches couldn't find how to enable it in the stable
version.

Thanks..
0847706937d26cc1377a447240e71d84?d=identicon&s=25 Eden Li (Guest)
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Nginx Lova <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I did a few searches couldn't find how to enable it in the stable
> version.

Pipelining should be enabled in 0.6.x since it's an HTTP/1.1 standard
feature.  You can use the $pipe log variable to see which requests are
using it and which are not.
37ffa5245cf7b33e467cd1b9a4788040?d=identicon&s=25 Nginx Lova (ilovenginx)
on 2009-02-10 05:11
I was experiencing some really weird behavior with Safari and thought it
could be related to the way Safari does it's pipelining requests. Some
refreshes of the webpage would load some images , others with load other
images but no the ones it did previously. Has anyone experience similar
behavior ?

Cheers

Eden Li wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Nginx Lova <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>> I did a few searches couldn't find how to enable it in the stable
>> version.
>
> Pipelining should be enabled in 0.6.x since it's an HTTP/1.1 standard
> feature.  You can use the $pipe log variable to see which requests are
> using it and which are not.
37ffa5245cf7b33e467cd1b9a4788040?d=identicon&s=25 Nginx Lova (ilovenginx)
on 2009-02-10 05:57
I'm looking at the logs and I'm not seeing the pipelined requests.
[10/Feb/2009:04:50:36 +0000] ."GET

I enabled pipelining in Firefox, still nothing.

Nginx Lova wrote:
> I was experiencing some really weird behavior with Safari and thought it
> could be related to the way Safari does it's pipelining requests. Some
> refreshes of the webpage would load some images , others with load other
> images but no the ones it did previously. Has anyone experience similar
> behavior ?
>

> Cheers
>
> Eden Li wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Nginx Lova <lists@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>> I did a few searches couldn't find how to enable it in the stable
>>> version.
>>
>> Pipelining should be enabled in 0.6.x since it's an HTTP/1.1 standard
>> feature.  You can use the $pipe log variable to see which requests are
>> using it and which are not.
37ffa5245cf7b33e467cd1b9a4788040?d=identicon&s=25 Nginx Lova (ilovenginx)
on 2009-02-10 18:18
Is there a way to disable pipelining in nginx ? Looks like the majority
of the browsers have it disable by default and IE7 doesn't support it.

Thanks

Nginx Lova wrote:
> I'm looking at the logs and I'm not seeing the pipelined requests.
> [10/Feb/2009:04:50:36 +0000] ."GET
>
> I enabled pipelining in Firefox, still nothing.
>

> Nginx Lova wrote:
>> I was experiencing some really weird behavior with Safari and thought it
>> could be related to the way Safari does it's pipelining requests. Some
>> refreshes of the webpage would load some images , others with load other
>> images but no the ones it did previously. Has anyone experience similar
>> behavior ?
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Eden Li wrote:
>>>
>>> Pipelining should be enabled in 0.6.x since it's an HTTP/1.1 standard
>>> feature.  You can use the $pipe log variable to see which requests are
>>> using it and which are not.
37ffa5245cf7b33e467cd1b9a4788040?d=identicon&s=25 Nginx Lova (ilovenginx)
on 2009-02-11 01:05
keepalive_timeout 0;

disables pipelining and persistent connections.

Has anyone seen issues with safari where you get broken images as you
refresh.
From some testing it seems nginx is returning garbled data.

I will continue looking at the issue and provide tcp logs of the
communication.