Forum: GNU Radio CGRAN downtime

Ac73d95c8ccddff9ecae369bcb80a923?d=identicon&s=25 George Nychis (Guest)
Hi all,

CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

- George
George Nychis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
> assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

CGRAN is back up and running now.  We are using IP-based virtual hosting
on the base machine to better separate.

Due to this, I could make our base SVN URL:
https://www.cgran.org/

...instead of:
https://www.cgran.org/cgran/

But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout anything
outstanding.  I think our biggest user set is DttSP.  Bob, Frank?

Open to suggestions.

Thanks!
George
432f63ac90470dc61f8b2610987ce0b5?d=identicon&s=25 Frank Brickle (Guest)
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:12 PM, George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu> wrote:

> Due to this, I could make our base SVN URL:
> https://www.cgran.org/
>
> ...instead of:
> https://www.cgran.org/cgran/
>
> But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout anything
> outstanding.  I think our biggest user set is DttSP.  Bob, Frank?

George --

Please go ahead and make the change. It's sensible and only hurts once
:-)
Also, there's a fair bit of new stuff coming in the next few weeks, so
better now than later.

Many thanks for providing such an excellent home.

Frank
Frank Brickle wrote:
>     But, this would mean that everyone would need to re-checkout
> Many thanks for providing such an excellent home.

No problem!

But eek, what I meant was:
https://www.cgran.org/svn/

rather than:
https://www.cgran.org/cgran/

I don't think I can have the base URL used for both SVN and web.

Still legit?

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM, George Nychis <gnychis@cmu.edu> wrote:

> But eek, what I meant was:
> https://www.cgran.org/svn/
>
> rather than:
> https://www.cgran.org/cgran/
>
> I don't think I can have the base URL used for both SVN and web.
>
> Still legit?

Definitely.

Frank
Frank Brickle wrote:

> Definitely.

Done.

PS. the trac wiki is having some issues using mod_python, it's
segfaulting on me and I'm trying to fix this now.  So, to all using the
trac wiki on CGRAN, hang in there.

- George
3e5d1707dd5f4807ed9938d5c37b2649?d=identicon&s=25 Patrick Strasser (Guest)
George Nychis wrote am 2009-02-09 18:21:
> Hi all,
>
> CGRAN will likely be down for several hours today while we work on
> assigning it its own IP address and updating its SSL certificate.

Seems you are using a self-signed certificate, which is a no-op in
security sense. Have you thought about a CACert cerfificate?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
4252201ac30d6dd44d8090ce1070e35f?d=identicon&s=25 Josh Blum (Guest)
Most certificate authorities seem to participate in "highway robbery". I
recommend godaddy certificates, $30 per year. -Josh
Josh Blum wrote:
> Most certificate authorities seem to participate in "highway robbery". I
> recommend godaddy certificates, $30 per year. -Josh

hmmm... I think that someone once offered to supply us with a
certificate, but I can't find the e-mail now.  If you did, or someone
else wants to donate one, I would appreciate it :)

- George