Forum: Ruby on Rails mail return value

F8992846dea6bc1075d3d05d8afec950?d=identicon&s=25 Moon Moon (spacemeli)
on 2009-02-09 10:16
Hi

I'm using this method to send emails

  def send_report(name, email, content)
          recipients   email
          subject      "My subject"
          from         "no-reply@test.fr"
          body         :content => content
          content_type "text/html"
    end

I'd like to know if the email has been sent or not in order to print the
correct message in my view.
But I don't know to catch the return value.
Any ideas?

Thanks
B2d23c5b0b6de413d99702767d1d148d?d=identicon&s=25 Hitesh Rawal (hitesh)
on 2009-02-09 11:07
Melissa Melissa wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using this method to send emails
>
>   def send_report(name, email, content)
>           recipients   email
>           subject      "My subject"
>           from         "no-reply@test.fr"
>           body         :content => content
>           content_type "text/html"
>     end
>

> I'd like to know if the email has been sent or not in order to print the
> correct message in my view.
> But I don't know to catch the return value.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

The above action you wrote is only to construct mail. to sending mail
you may need to  move this action into your model then in controller use
deliver_send_report it return message_id if message successfully send.
other wise nil.

eg.

msg_id = your_model.deliver_send_report(name, email,content)

-
Hitesh