Forum: GNU Radio noise level estimation

6fa49aa6d753ef43e8f5d1065bd0de5b?d=identicon&s=25 Ran Tian (Guest)
HI,
Could anyone help me with noise level Estimation using the GNU Radio
block
gr.null_source (float [gr_complex])
I just want to send a constant zero signal an drecord the output.
How to write this simple flow graph?
B22e1b01ee2edc1bdd77eeb90fd4d5b4?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Braun (Guest)
On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 07:36:28PM -0500, Ran Tian wrote:
> HI,
> Could anyone help me with noise level Estimation using the GNU Radio block
> gr.null_source (float [gr_complex])
> I just want to send a constant zero signal an drecord the output.
> How to write this simple flow graph?

Probably best not to write it at all. Just assign a variable the value
0. If you use this as an estimator, it will have exactly the same mean
and variance as the null source [1].

But seriously, I assume you mean something else. I recommend reading
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials/WritePytho...
that, should cover the basics (assuming you want to use Python).

Martin

[1] They are both zero, by the way.