Forum: JRuby injecting a jirb process into a running java process

51a397f6562a4410b35c263f6a84415a?d=identicon&s=25 Ruben Fonseca (rubenfonseca)
hi @all!

I was wondering, is it possible to inject a jirb shell into a running
Java process, so we could acess the runtime instances and mess around?

Thank you
Ruben

> hi @all!
>
> I was wondering, is it possible to inject a jirb shell into a running Java
> process, so we could acess the runtime instances and mess around?

See this thread from the other day for ideas:

http://archive.codehaus.org/lists/org.codehaus.jru...

/Nick

hi nick!

On 2009-02-07 22:36:26 +0000, Nick Sieger <nicksieger@gmail.com> said:

> On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Ruben Fonseca <fonseka@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I was wondering, is it possible to inject a jirb shell into a running Java
>> process, so we could acess the runtime instances and mess around?
>
> See this thread from the other day for ideas:

http://archive.codehaus.org/lists/org.codehaus.jru...

thank

you for your suggestion. however, my problem is a little bit harder
since I don't have acess to the source code

just imagine a third party application, and I just want to "see inside"
with jruby, like I do with gdb on my C applications

is it possible?
Ruben