Forum: GNU Radio is there a sdcc option for configure

85ffd97bae0e78056e1d06312744d7d1?d=identicon&s=25 feldmaus (Guest)

is there a secret sdcc Option, so that i can select another
SDCC Root Directory ?

I do not want to install the sdcc Source with,
./configure
make
make install

This will install sdcc System wide and could do damage.
I want it only be installed for testing. Otherwise i have
to install and remove rotatory the Suse SDCC Package and the
SDCC from Source.

Any Idea ?

Regards Markus
On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 11:06:49AM +0000, feldmaus wrote:
> This will install sdcc System wide and could do damage.
> I want it only be installed for testing. Otherwise i have
> to install and remove rotatory the Suse SDCC Package and the
> SDCC from Source.
>
> Any Idea ?
> Regards Markus

Why don't you just install it using whatever package manager your
system uses? apt-get or yum or whatever...

In any event, sdcc just needs to be somewhere on your path.  There's
no magic involved.  Just set your path so that it includes the
directory where the binaries are installed.  On recent Fedora systems,
it's installed in /usr/libexec/sdcc

Eric
Eric Blossom <eb <at> comsec.com> writes:

> Why don't you just install it using whatever package manager your
> system uses? apt-get or yum or whatever...
There are dependency Problems with the sdcc Package
under Suse.
I hope the developer of this package read this.

There are 2 packages, the <sdcc-common> and the
<sdcc-devel> which are the same.One is older and the other
is newer but mostly not available. Some repository from
suse supports a new sdcc package but need the <sdcc-common>,
which is not supported by any repository from suse.
And there are some older <sdcc> packages which depends
on the older package <sdcc-devel>. The older package
do problems by the dependency.
I hope a Developer of this package had read this.

Regards Markus
A725014f091bcd9e8ff16e9f2a0d7e20?d=identicon&s=25 Stefan Bruens (Guest)
On Wednesday 04 February 2009 21:05:49 feldmaus wrote:
> Eric Blossom <eb <at> comsec.com> writes:
> > Why don't you just install it using whatever package manager your
> > system uses? apt-get or yum or whatever...
>
> There are dependency Problems with the sdcc Package
> under Suse.
> I hope the developer of this package read this.

You may also hope some gold nugget falls directly in front of your feet.
Which
is as likely ...

> Regards Markus
As my crystal ball is in repair at the moment, I only may make an
educated
guess ... In the whole opensuse buildservice is no package called
sdcc-common,
although there is a broken package in home:illuusio, which depends on
sdcc-
common. You can find the packagers contact information either in the
package
changelog, or following the link to the OBS on
software.opensuse.org/search .

Meanwhile, you can just use sdcc 2.7.0 from the OBS hamradio project,
which
works.

Regards,

Stefan