Forum: IronRuby Silverlight + Silverline

1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
Hi
With the latest version of ironruby and rails; silverline doesn't want
work.
I haven't really spent much time on it but a few months ago I did commit
doing a presentation on Rails + Silverline + IronRuby this weekend.
I have no intention of messing about in that code, it's my new
resolution
for the year... sometimes say no.

That being said if there are some decks available for Silverlight +
Rails
I'd love to see them ;)
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
I'm not sure how it does against the newest version of Rails.
http://silverline.schementi.com uses Rails 2.0.2, so if you do "gem
install rails -v2.0.2" then silverline-demos will work.

The last time I spoke about silverline was in this talk:
http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/12/jimmy-hack...

Look for the section titled "Rails integration". If there's other things
you'd like to know for your talk, let me know.

~js

With the latest version of ironruby and rails; silverline doesn't want
to work.
I haven't really spent much time on it but a few months ago I did commit
to doing a presentation on Rails + Silverline + IronRuby this weekend.
I have no intention of messing about in that code, it's my new
resolution for the year... sometimes say no.

That being said if there are some decks available for Silverlight +
Rails I'd love to see them ;)
1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
Thanks.. I already stole all your content ;)
The demo project silverline-demos does work even with rails 2.2.2
I was trying to create my own demos and that doesn't work.

Anyway there is plenty of impressive stuff in the silverline-demos
project
so I'll just demo those.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Jimmy Schementi <
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
If you pull the latest bits from github.com/jschementi/agdlr, you can
demo the new repl too. Go to samples/ruby/photoviewer =)

<Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com<mailto:Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com>>

From:
ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org<mailto:ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org>
With the latest version of ironruby and rails; silverline doesn't want
to work.

I haven't really spent much time on it but a few months ago I did commit
to doing a presentation on Rails + Silverline + IronRuby this weekend.
I have no intention of messing about in that code, it's my new
resolution for the year... sometimes say no.

That being said if there are some decks available for Silverlight +
Rails I'd love to see them ;)

Sweet thanks a lot. :)

2009/2/4 Jimmy Schementi <Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com>
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
No problem. The stuff hasn’t made it to master yet, so it’s all in the
dev/window branch. So, just make sure to run:

git branch --track -b dev/window origin/dev/window

... and then do a build.

~js

demo the new repl too. Go to samples/ruby/photoviewer =)

From:
ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org<mailto:ironruby-core-bounces@rubyforge.org>

With the latest version of ironruby and rails; silverline doesn't want
to work.

I haven't really spent much time on it but a few months ago I did commit
to doing a presentation on Rails + Silverline + IronRuby this weekend.
I have no intention of messing about in that code, it's my new
resolution for the year... sometimes say no.

That being said if there are some decks available for Silverlight +
Rails I'd love to see them ;)

Sweet I will try that tonight.