Forum: Ruby on Rails Create my own template language

A91bd6cef23eb3516245a092e196c4da?d=identicon&s=25 Maurício Linhares (mauricio)
Hello guys,

I am starting to think that i need a templating language (just like
PHP's Smarty and JSP's Expression Language) for simple value outputs
in a page without resorting to <%= %>.

I'm working on a I18N heavy application and we have a lot of places
where we open a scriptlet just to show a translated message and i'm
starting to think that it would be possible to change this for a
simpler representation, someting like ${t:txt.users.top_by_points}.

I want to keep the <%= %> functionality (so it's more like JSP than
Smarty), but i would like to add the other as an option, anyone has
any idea about where i should start looking to get this to work?

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)
B09a3f6cdc4797532647d2d264b5df49?d=identicon&s=25 Jodi Showers (jshow)
Maurico -

On 2-Feb-09, at 1:34 PM, Maurício Linhares wrote:

> simpler representation, someting like ${t:txt.users.top_by_points}.
>
> I want to keep the <%= %> functionality (so it's more like JSP than
> Smarty), but i would like to add the other as an option, anyone has
> any idea about where i should start looking to get this to work?

Maybe Liquid would work for you.

http://wiki.github.com/tobi/liquid/getting-liquid-...

Jodi
A91bd6cef23eb3516245a092e196c4da?d=identicon&s=25 Maurício Linhares (mauricio)
Liquid doesn't accept the scriptlet ( <%= %> ) syntax, but thanks
anyway.

-
Maurício Linhares
(en)