Forum: Ruby on Rails Maps

Db776099efc5b43b8458885909d8e1d8?d=identicon&s=25 Nisha Thoprath (nisha_t)
on 2009-02-02 15:30
Please tell me how to integrate google maps in my application.I tried
doing it with ym4r plugin, but the command runs and gets back to command
prompt without generating the required folders.
Nisha Thoprath wrote:
> Please tell me how to integrate google maps in my application.I tried
> doing it with ym4r plugin, but the command runs and gets back to command
> prompt without generating the required folders.

There is good documentation on Google's web site that explains how to
use their API better than anyone will be able to explain on this forum.
I've integrated Google Maps a few times and it's not terribly difficult.
Maybe there are some plugins/gem for Rails to make it easier, but it's
not that difficult to do without any plugins.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/

P. S. wouldn't ym4r be for Yahoo Maps? Which one are you trying to
integrate Yahoo Maps or Google Maps?
F540a9fb28d78dc66fa7f8f529822185?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Johnson (Guest)
I have an example app out on git hub...

http://github.com/johnsonch/google_maps_and_geokit...

shameless plug...

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Robert Walker <