Forum: Ruby on Rails ActiveRecord::AssociationTypeMismatch (User(#54754560) expected, got User(#54510280))

Fcb68cc03b9d22c69030fb84290b3a96?d=identicon&s=25 morgler (Guest)
i keep getting this AssociationTypeMismatch error. i think this could
be a bug related to ruby/rails when using mixins. heres a short
version of my code:

# user.rb

require 'friend_invitation'
require 'friendship'

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
  include FriendInvitationUser, FriendshipUser

# friendship.rb

module FriendshipUser
  def self.included(includer)
    includer.class_eval do
      has_many :friends, :through => :friendship

  # true, if other_user is a friend of mine
  def friend_of?(other_user)
    Friendship.between?(self, other_user)

so basically I'm using modules to mixin new aspects into the User
model (kinda like AOP in ruby). i believe that these mixins together
with the require statements at the top of the User model file cause
the AssociationTypeMismatch. if i get the error, a restart of my
development server solves the problem - but that can't be the
solution. any ideas where this error comes from or what to do about
it?

any help very appreciated!

matthias
On 2 Feb 2009, at 13:37, morgler wrote:

> i keep getting this AssociationTypeMismatch error. i think this could
> be a bug related to ruby/rails when using mixins. heres a short
> version of my code:
>
> # user.rb
>
> require 'friend_invitation'
> require 'friendship'
using require like this can bust stuff (see
http://www.spacevatican.org/2008/9/28/required-or-not
  )

Fred
Fcb68cc03b9d22c69030fb84290b3a96?d=identicon&s=25 morgler (Guest)
thanks for the link! it solved my problem :)! thank you so much!

matthias