Forum: Ruby on Rails Which command is used to list the gems used by an application?

0fdb8118b1dcd858424bb236a23a9f91?d=identicon&s=25 olivierntk (Guest)
Hi, I have been working on an application for a few months and
installed some gems, but I don't remember the exact list.

I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
command line is used for that?

thank u
D93ae163042e0a937941e0ba4d8ed5d7?d=identicon&s=25 Eric (Guest)
rake gems

also: rake --tasks
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:24 AM, olivierntk <olivierntk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I have been working on an application for a few months and
> installed some gems, but I don't remember the exact list.
>
> I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
> command line is used for that?
>
> thank u

To list all your local gems use:
gem list --local

To install all those gems on your remote machine, you can run:
gem list --local --no-versions | xargs echo "gem install"
to get a command line ready to install every gem (although you probably
don't want to install every local gem)

--
Andrew Timberlake
http://ramblingsonrails.com

8a8a0df05b65734e72115e1f958ed7fa?d=identicon&s=25 Nashg Cold (nashg)
on 2009-02-02 13:20
 I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
 command line is used for that
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Nashg Cold
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net
> wrote:

>  I want to deploy my app and I need to install the gems I used. Which
>  command line is used for that
>
> --

gem install <list of gem names>

--