Using the generated initializer

Hi

I thought I created a ruby module and ruby class but I must be doing
something wrong.

using RubyMethodAttributes=IronRuby.Runtime.RubyMethodAttributes;
using RubyModuleDefinition = IronRuby.Runtime.RubyModuleAttribute;
using RubyClassDefinition = IronRuby.Runtime.RubyClassAttribute;
using RubyMethodDefinition = IronRuby.Runtime.RubyMethodAttribute;

namespace IronRubyMvcLibrary.Controllers
{
[RubyModuleDefinition(“IronRubyMvc”)]
public static class IronRubyMvcModule
{
[RubyClassDefinition(“Controller”, Extends =
typeof(RubyController))]
public class RubyControllerOps
{
[RubyMethodDefinition(“info”,
RubyMethodAttributes.PublicInstance)]
public static void Info(RubyController self)
{
self.ViewData().Add(“Platform”, “IronRuby Mvc 1.0”);

I then used the classinitgenerator to create an initializer class.
But when I require the assembly after compiling I can’t get to
IronRubyMvc
or the class.

Do I need to do something else?

Any reason why you don’t prefer to work with RubyController class
directly from Ruby code?

…

class RubyController
def info
view_data.add(“Platform”, “IronRuby Mvc 1.0”)

Tomas

[...]

That is what I’m doing now

The other question was out of curiosity :slight_smile:

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:30 PM, Tomas M.
<[email protected]

Good ☺.

BTW: Do you load the library using load_assembly ,
?
E.g.
load_assembly ‘IronRuby.Libraries’, ‘IronRuby.StandardLibrary.Sockets’

Just requiring the assembly loads it as regular .NET assembly w/o
invoking IronRuby library loader.

Tomas

[...]

Ironruby-core mailing list
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]