Forum: Ruby on Rails Where does index.html (home) fit into RoR?

B9a94345714e260dbf1285f3c7cbc81c?d=identicon&s=25 Nebs Petrovic (bloodsample)
on 2009-02-01 02:09
The page that loads when no controller name is given in the URL is the
public/index.html page (eg: http://localhost:3000/)

Now this is a pure HTML page so I cannot use any link_to tags or yield
tags, etc.

My navigation bar is in my application layout
(app/views/layouts/application.html.erb).  This is what provides the
ability to navigate.

So how do I access this layout if the home page that loads is index.html
which has no reference to any of my rails views?

Basically I want to know how to create a "home" page with rails (without
always having to type controller/action in the URL.

Thanks in advance.
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Nebs Petrovic
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> Basically I want to know how to create a "home" page with rails (without
> always having to type controller/action in the URL.

And remarkably, on the default Rails "home" page are three points
under "Getting started", the last being

3.  Set up a default route and remove or rename this file

     Routes are setup in config/routes.rb.

You might want to look at -- i.e., read the comments in -- that file.

HTH,