Forum: GNU Radio Viewing logged data in .dat files

9d122d100144ba7b3fd025b1242e1ad8?d=identicon&s=25 Maduike, Dumezie (Guest)
Hello all,

I have a question regarding viewing data that is acquired from log
commands which are stored in .dat files.  Using "gr.file_sink", it seems
that the encoding of the data is in a format that can't be opened using
applications in Ubuntu.  Does anyone know of a way to see the
information that is logged in these files?

For example, I logged data from the dbpsk.py script and wanted to view
the rx_rrc_filter.dat file that was retrieved.

Thanks

Dumezie
Ac73d95c8ccddff9ecae369bcb80a923?d=identicon&s=25 George Nychis (Guest)
Maduike, Dumezie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a question regarding viewing data that is acquired from log commands which are
stored in .dat files.  Using "gr.file_sink", it seems that the encoding of the data is in
a format that can't be opened using applications in Ubuntu.  Does anyone know of a way to
see the information that is logged in these files?

> For example, I logged data from the dbpsk.py script and wanted to view the
rx_rrc_filter.dat file that was retrieved.

Take a look at:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Octave

- George
9d122d100144ba7b3fd025b1242e1ad8?d=identicon&s=25 Dumezie Maduike (Guest)
Is the octaverc configuration file referred in the link you sent me the
same in /usr/share/octave/3.0.0/m/startup folder?

How is the "read_complex_binary()" script used?  Can it be used in a
python script and if so, what should be imported?

Thanks
Dumezie