Forum: GNU Radio Re: USRP continues to transmit after usrp_siggen.py stopped

29e8d18c0e2824da57ecb67d0be869c2?d=identicon&s=25 Kimminau Jr., Leo F. (Guest)
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 09:03:32PM -0800, Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Can you elaborate on any other differences between the configurations?
>  OS version, GNU Radio version, developer tools (GCC, swig, Python),
> etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Johnathan

I think this is a known problem (not sure there's a ticket on it).  I
believe that what is happening is that on the faster machine, the Tx
pipeline in the FPGA is getting disabled before it has a chance to
drain.  The result of this is that the pipeline is halted with a
non-zero constant value getting clocked into the DACs resulting in a
carrier for all daughterboards that contain an LO.

Eric

The short list is below, full list attached.

Is there a way I can track the problem ticket or patch, if any?

Leo Kimminau

Attached is a full list of ports installed on both PowerMac G5 and
PowerBook G4, in summary:

Doesn't stop xmt:                            Stops xmt:
PowerMac G5                                   PowerBook G4
Mac OS X 10.5.6                                Mac OS X 10.5.6
Xcode 3.1.2                                         Xcode 3.0

GNU Radio trunk                              GNU Radio trunk downloaded
23 Dec 08
downloaded 10 Jan 09

Apple GCC 4.0.1                gcc43
 @4.3.2_0 (active)