Forum: Ruby MySQL gem maintainer and project page?

E7cff3cfd41c495e1012227d7dc24202?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Lavena (luislavena)
Hello Everybody,

I'm looking into RubyForge and the gem specification for any reference
of authors to get in touch.

I will like to contribute with some corrections made for compiling on
Windows (made on my fork at github and others locally).

Please: if you're this gem author, could get in touch?

Thank you.
Luis Lavena wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I'm looking into RubyForge and the gem specification for any reference
> of authors to get in touch.

http://tomcopeland.blogs.com/juniordeveloper/2009/...
might help
also if I'm not mistaken there's a separate mysql windows gem maintainer
versus the mysql gem maintainer.  I have never had any luck getting in
touch with any of them [or the mysql developer (Tomita Masahiro)
either].

I asked "Roderick van Domburg" about it once.
His reply:
I am no longer maintaining the MySQL driver for Windows. The version
that is
distributed through RubyGems has a project page at
http://rubyforge.org/projects/mysql-win that lists Kevin Williams as
maintainer.

That's as far as I got.  Let me know if you're able to get through to
anybody.
Cheers!
-=r
E1e2dd8c03c8e9e0680cfd802df0a04b?d=identicon&s=25 Alex 2k8 (alex_2k8)
on 2009-01-31 16:54
Hello, Luis

I have been playing with mysql-ruby-2.8 compilation last few days, and
whould be glad to contribute to your subproject.

- Alex
> I have been playing with mysql-ruby-2.8 compilation last few days, and
> whould be glad to contribute to your subproject.
>
> - Alex

That's a great idea.  If either of you would like contribute your
patches also to mysqlplus [which a few people have contributed to when
they couldn't reach the real maintainers] that would be swell, too [for
either].  Mohammed would probably even add you as commitors if you
asked.  Pull requests are also ok.

mysqlplus is a fork of the Masahiro's mysql C library.  But it's a
little more maintained [1.9 compat, has more thread_nonblocking regions
for 1.9] and also has added asynchronous call, but it's essentially the
same.

One thing that might be nice would be figure out if it's possible to
distribute windows binaries that work with both mysql 5.0 and 5.1.
Currently there are no windows binary distros from it.

repository:
http://github.com/oldmoe/mysqlplus/tree/master
mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/never-block?hl=en