Forum: Ruby on Rails User Interface / View Looks

651a0248090dbc8c4aaf431af7d6e28e?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Sullivan (sullivant)
What are people doing these days for the "user interface" side of
applications?  I'm in the process of writing something, using a lot of
CSS (good) but I keep getting the feel that this application ("rts")
would be better shown to the world in a flash format on the view end.
Thoughts? Adobe AIR?  Laszlo?
A82ba1167f4d4a8d1de63820e576a87f?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM, sullivan.t <sullivan.t@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What are people doing these days for the "user interface" side of
> applications?  I'm in the process of writing something, using a lot of
> CSS (good) but I keep getting the feel that this application ("rts")
> would be better shown to the world in a flash format on the view end.
> Thoughts? Adobe AIR?  Laszlo?

XHTML/CSS only requires on client-side plugin... a web browser. ;-)

Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
651a0248090dbc8c4aaf431af7d6e28e?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Sullivan (sullivant)
:) I know, I know.

I guess what I've done is hit that "wall" where I know my visual
creativity sucks, and I need that polishing to refresh that old-
fashioned "inner" desire to code my own on the side.  Can't do it like
I used to, 15 years ago.  By the time I get home, I'm exhausted from
coding at "work" all day. :P