Forum: RSpec [Cucumber, TextMate Bundle] Call for help

C694a032be7518a0d704318895f8fe1d?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Mabey (mabes)
Hey all,
As some of you may know I created the Cucumber TextMate bundle:
http://github.com/bmabey/cucumber-tmbundle/tree/master

What most of you probably don't know is that I stopped using TextMate
(in favor of Vim) several months ago.  Since then the Cucumber bundle
has been somewhat neglected by me and I've mostly pulled in patches and
regenerated the syntax for new languages.  I think there are a lot of
cool things that could still be done with the bundle (see the TODO list
in the README), but I just don't see myself doing a lot of them without
the motivation I once had.

Is there anyone on the list with the motivation to take the lead on this
project and start adding new features to it?  There is a little bit of
cruft from the old rspec story runner bundle but all in all the code is
reasonably clean with specs behind it.  I'm still happy to help out, but
I don't see myself moving too fast without other contributors. :)

Thanks in advance,
Ben
On 28 Jan 2009, at 16:54, Ben Mabey wrote:

> myself doing a lot of them without the motivation I once had.
>
> Is there anyone on the list with the motivation to take the lead on
> this project and start adding new features to it?  There is a little
> bit of cruft from the old rspec story runner bundle but all in all
> the code is reasonably clean with specs behind it.  I'm still happy
> to help out, but I don't see myself moving too fast without other
> contributors. :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ben

I'd probably be willing - I use it every day so I'd like to give
something back. What does this involve?

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
On 1/28/09 12:43 PM, Matt Wynne wrote:
>> and regenerated the syntax for new languages.  I think there are a
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Ben
>
> I'd probably be willing - I use it every day so I'd like to give
> something back. What does this involve?

Thanks Matt.  Doesn't involve much.. just fork the repo on github and
start adding any features that you think would be cool to have. :)
(I'll continue to take pull requests and do little tweaks here and
there.)  I updated the TODO section on the readme for all the things I
think should/could be done.  For example, I began implementing a "Goto
Step" command but I never actually implemented the StepDetector class to
do all the work.  So seeing how that hooks up and implementing the class
might be a good starting point.  Feel free to make any design decisions
you want to.

-Ben