From: Steve G. [email protected]
Date: 2009/1/27
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic problem installing GSSM
To: José Carlos R. [email protected]

You need to install Boost - the development version if your distro uses
it
maybe something like libboost-dev.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM, José Carlos R. <

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 16:59 +0100, José Carlos R. wrote:

Now, when I try to demod traffic, in the last step when I try to start
the gssm_usrp.py script, it gives me the following error:

wsn@wsn-desktop:~/Escritorio/gssm-v0.1/src/python$ ./gssm_usrp.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./gssm_usrp.py”, line 5, in
from gnuradio import gr, usrp, db_dbs_rx, blks
ImportError: cannot import name db_dbs_rx

The code you are working with appears to only be compatible with the GNU
Radio 3.1 release series, as it is using the old ‘blks’ namespace and is
trying to use an undocumented way of dealing with the USRP
daughterboards.

In the GNU Radio development trunk, and in the (soon to be released)
3.2rc0 release, neither of these are supported.

I’d recommend either downgrading your GNU Radio release to 3.1.3 or
politely requesting the original code author to update their code to
work with recent GNU Radio.

-Johnathan

Thank you for your help, but now when I type sudo /usr/local/bin/mktun
gsm
in the step 5 in the gssm installation. I gives me the following error:

wsn@wsn-desktop:~/Escritorio/wireshark-0.99.5$ sudo
/usr/local/bin/mktun
gsm
/usr/local/bin/mktun: error while loading shared libraries:
libgruel.so.0:

I am a little frustrated…

Thanks in advance!

Jose Carlos

2009/1/27 Johnathan C. [email protected]