Forum: Ruby on Rails ruby script/server ERROR

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
2225417c4ebdbb8ebe6fb326bb027fec?d=identicon&s=25 Basma Basma (basma)
on 2009-01-27 13:25
Attachment: problem_with_server.gif (10 KB)



Hi
I have a problem when I use the command
ruby script/server
in some of applications , the server dose not working end exiting before
I close it!


to know what I mean please
see the attachment!


How I deal with a server to see my pages?
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 14:42
(Received via mailing list)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:25, Basma Basma wrote:

> I close it!
>
>
Sounds like a syntax error in database.yml.

Fred
2225417c4ebdbb8ebe6fb326bb027fec?d=identicon&s=25 Basma Basma (basma)
on 2009-01-27 15:48
Frederick Cheung wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2009, at 12:25, Basma Basma wrote:
>
>> I close it!
>>
>>
> Sounds like a syntax error in database.yml.
>
> Fred

thanks Fred for replying.
but what kind of errors?
I wrote in database.yml


development:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

test:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

production:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 15:59
(Received via mailing list)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 14:48, Basma Basma wrote:

>
> thanks Fred for replying.
> but what kind of errors?
> I wrote in database.yml
>
According to the error message there's a line with timeout: 5000 on it
Also indentation in yaml is significant.

Fred
2225417c4ebdbb8ebe6fb326bb027fec?d=identicon&s=25 Basma Basma (basma)
on 2009-01-27 16:10
Frederick Cheung wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2009, at 14:48, Basma Basma wrote:
>
>>
>> thanks Fred for replying.
>> but what kind of errors?
>> I wrote in database.yml
>>
> According to the error message there's a line with timeout: 5000 on it
> Also indentation in yaml is significant.
>
> Fred


yes there was a line with timeout: 5000
then I remove it , to see if the error from it or not!
and still same error!


but what do you mean about "Also indentation in yaml is significant"?
should be without indentation?

thanks..
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-01-27 16:17
(Received via mailing list)
On 27 Jan 2009, at 15:10, Basma Basma wrote:

>> it
> but what do you mean about "Also indentation in yaml is significant"?
> should be without indentation?

That means that what you pasted:

development:
adapter: mysql
database: web
host: localhost
username: root
password:

is very different from

development:
   adapter: mysql
   database: web
   host: localhost
   username: root
   password:

Also have all three environments set to use the same database is a
very bad thing (unless you want all of them to get wiped everytime you
run the unit tests).

Fred
2225417c4ebdbb8ebe6fb326bb027fec?d=identicon&s=25 Basma Basma (basma)
on 2009-01-27 16:42
many thanks to you Fred :)
it's working now.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.