Cant send email

Dear Friends,
I am new to rails.I am developing a test application. I have to send
emails .I have rails 2.2.2
and made following changes to “application.rb”

ActionMailer::Base.delivery_method = :smtp

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
:address => ‘smtp.gmail.com’,
:port => 587,
:domain => ‘gmail.com’,
:authentication => :plain,
:user_name => ‘[email protected]’,
:password => ‘lionesss’,
:tls => true

}

When i send email i get no error but the following message in prompt

Processing AddressBooksController#addFriends (for 127.0.0.1 at
2009-01-26 14:23:41) [GET]
Parameters: {“final”=>“1”, “email0”=>“[email protected]”}
Redirected to /address_books/sendmail?nameOfSender=muhammad
Completed in 3ms (DB: 0) | 302 Found [http://127.0.0.1/address_books/
addFriends?final=1&email0=raafay86%40gmail.com]

Processing AddressBooksController#sendmail (for 127.0.0.1 at
2009-01-26 14:23:42) [GET]
Parameters: {“nameOfSender”=>“muhammad”}
Sent mail to [email protected]

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:23:42 +0500
From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Invitation from BizCar

Untitled Document Completed in 11ms (View: 0, DB: 0) | 200 OK [http://127.0.0.1/ address_books/sendmail?nameOfSender=muhammad]

The message shows as if email has been sent but i receive no email at
[email protected]
Can anybody help me out.
Thanks!!!

Hello Muhammad,

I assume you’ve already installed action_mailer_optional_tls so I
won’t say to do that.

I use:

ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
:tls => true,
:address => “smtp.gmail.com”,
:port => 25,
:domain => “gmail.com”,
:authentication => :login,
:user_name => “[email protected]”,
:password => “…”
}

But I also needed to make a change to smtp_tls.rb so it would work
with Ruby 1.8.7. Specifically:

Change:

check_auth_args user, secret, authtype if user or secret

check_auth_args user, secret if user or secret

As for some reason check_auth_args went from 3 args to 2.

Rick