Forum: Ruby on Rails ActiveRecord::Base class considered as module

4b87f676cb6c4d648d71000681823693?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-sébastien Jney (jney)
Hello,

  I'm trying to upgrade a rails app with an old frozen rails version
(1.1.6).
I got an error each time i'm calling an active record model because it
considers it as a module.

anyone got an idea how to fix it?
On Jan 26, 2009, at 5:35 AM, jney wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I'm trying to upgrade a rails app with an old frozen rails version
> (1.1.6).
> I got an error each time i'm calling an active record model because it
> considers it as a module.
>
> anyone got an idea how to fix it?

The client that I had with a 1.1.6 app imploded before I needed to
think about Rails 2.x, but the recommended path from 1.x to 2.x is to
first get to 1.2.6 and fix all the deprecation warnings (which you'd
see when you run all the tests, right?).  Only when you have a "clean"
1.2.6 app should you move to 2.x (and I'd think there might be some
minor pain going from 2.0 to 2.2 since I've run into at least one
newer plugin that works with 2.2, but not with 2.0).

Good luck,
-Rob

Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com