Forum: NGINX Re: Using nginx as a frontend for apache2 serving wordpress w/ super-cache

D2d314970c6ac9aa0dd3f4ecf97bbe20?d=identicon&s=25 Dieter Zinke (Guest)
>Serving static from nginx doesnt work due to the following code in
>your server configuration:
>
>  # all other requests go to Wordpress
>  if (!-e $request_filename) {
>  rewrite . /index.php last;
>  }

>It's done at server level and tests file existence without
>root specified.

>Maxim Dounin

Thanks for your advice Maxim. I ve deleted the above lines and that
works. But it is curious. I use the same rewrite for my rootserver and
in the rootservers environment the same rewrite syntax works without
problems. It is a standalone nginx not proxiing to a apache. Curious!