Forum: Ruby How to pop up a Download Window

047c2e2a6349db15db769e3ad46cf936?d=identicon&s=25 Kumar Saurav (sauravsuman012)
on 2009-01-25 13:01
Hi all ,
I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
It would be great help for me.

Thanks In Advance.
Kumar Saurav wrote:
> Hi all ,
> I have to show window as like you got on click of save(or by pressing of
> ctrl+s), which exact function like the crtl+s press.
> Please let me know if anyone having any idea regarding this.
> It would be great help for me.

This is not a Ruby question, but it's something I was trying to do
recently too.

Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
in IE.
18d3c84ca5a017fe3e96490afaea28aa?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Conroy (Guest)
On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Brian Candler <b.candler@pobox.com>
wrote:
> Google for "javascript save as". From what I found, it can only be done
> in IE.

This is a problem I faced recently enough. The proper solution is to set
the appropriate HTTP header. I don't have the reference handy, but it
works
for every browser.

The easiest way might be to look at HTTP traffic while doing the
download.

regards,
Richard