Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rails Dev Conf

7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (fxn)
As you may know there's going to be no RailsConf Europe this year.

The Spanish Ruby User Group (SRUG) feels this is an excellent
opportunity to start a community-driven, international conference in
Europe. That's a different kind of conference, from developers to
developers.

We are already organizing EuRuKo 2009 (to be held in Barcelona on May)
and that will give us good experience and inertia to organize this
event, which should go to other countries in following editions, as it
is customary.

So, I am very happy to announce SRUG is going to organize:

   Rails Dev Conf

More details to come!!!

-- fxn
0e6c0ba9935b52866fd5c54dd886cf2e?d=identicon&s=25 Jaime Iniesta (Guest)
On 24 ene, 17:33, Xavier Noria <f...@hashref.com> wrote:
> is customary.
>
> So, I am very happy to announce SRUG is going to organize:
>
>    Rails Dev Conf
>
> More details to come!!!

Yeah, we're working on it!

http://www.railsdevconf.org/
4375b4aca04b8d72482fd409fb6d0b47?d=identicon&s=25 Roderick van Domburg (roderickvd)
on 2009-01-25 11:45
Xavier Noria wrote:
> As you may know there's going to be no RailsConf Europe this year.
>
> The Spanish Ruby User Group (SRUG) feels this is an excellent
> opportunity to start a community-driven, international conference in
> Europe. That's a different kind of conference, from developers to
> developers.

Great initiative! Do you have a tentative date?

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://www.nedforce.nl
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (fxn)

> Xavier Noria wrote:
>> As you may know there's going to be no RailsConf Europe this year.
>>
>> The Spanish Ruby User Group (SRUG) feels this is an excellent
>> opportunity to start a community-driven, international conference in
>> Europe. That's a different kind of conference, from developers to
>> developers.
>
> Great initiative!

Thank you! :-)

> Do you have a tentative date?

Just "fall" at this moment. We are about to vote a location, then
local people will choose a venue and close dates with them taking the
conferences calendar into account. As soon as things move forward
we'll announce them.
Af72157c5283bad1e49031d7bb3cf7b6?d=identicon&s=25 david@folklogic.com (Guest)
This sounds great! I find EuRuKo more valuable than RailsConf Europe,
so I'm hopeful that this will mean that Rails Dev Conf will be more
interesting as well. And less expensive.

--david
E5f0f1587d8356e859354e9b9cebc762?d=identicon&s=25 Phillip Oertel (phillipoertel)
De puta madre! Great idea.

If you plan to use the conference software written for
conferenciarails, I'd be glad to help with localization / adaption.

Phillip

---
8c639c73cd3f657683b05bc2da9fc7ea?d=identicon&s=25 Juan José Vidal (Guest)
Hola Xavier,

If you need some help...
We have the dependencies of the university of Murcia to celebrate the
event, if you want...

What do you need????

Un saludo!

Phillip Oertel
escribió:> De puta madre! Great idea.
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (fxn)
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Juan José Vidal <juanjo@binoid.com>
wrote:

> If you need some help...
> We have the dependencies of the university of Murcia to celebrate the
> event, if you want...
>
> What do you need????

Hi Juan José, thank you very much. We have a few options to vote, I'll
contact you by private email.