Forum: Ruby show error in pop up window

4268e0387b4a3da4b9de2bb46f18dba6?d=identicon&s=25 Rajkumar Surabhi (mailtorajuit)
on 2009-01-23 12:18
Hi all,
In my project ,there is login page.After entering login details
checks for login,if success goes to other page. if no userfound it
displays
error message by using flas[:notice]. i want to show the messaage in
alertbox
or popupwindow.

Please help me how to do this..

Raju
Rajkumar Surabhi wrote:
> In my project ,there is login page.After entering login details
> checks for login,if success goes to other page. if no userfound it
> displays
> error message by using flas[:notice]. i want to show the messaage in
> alertbox
> or popupwindow.
>
> Please help me how to do this..

You might be able to do this using AJAX, where the server sends back
some Javascript to execute in the browser.

In your message you say absolutely nothing about your environment.
However, the mention of flas(h)[:notice] suggests you are using Rails.
In that case, I'd say that the Rails mailing list is an appropriate
place to ask the question.