Forum: IronRuby DLR Daily Builds (including IronRuby)

E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
In case this is new to anyone ... Harry Pierson recently built a
daily-build site for the IronPython and DLR Codeplex sites. Good news
for IronRuby is it's included in the DLR Codeplex source repository
(since IronRuby shares a source repository with DLR and IronPython, and
the DLR Codeplex site is a daily-updated mirror of that repository).

Here's the DLR Daily Build RSS Feed:
http://nightlybuilds.cloudapp.net/rss.ashx?project=dlr

Pick your poison (debug/release/silverlight debug/silverlight release)
and you'll get a build of IronRuby, IronPython, and the DLR in one
package. Soon we'll have a continuous integration server which produces
daily builds out of the git repository, but until then this may ease the
pain in getting builds.

~js
Ade8632553a9243ae05fc920f68644c1?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Deville (Guest)
He's also working on adding IronRuby from the Git repo.

JD

In case this is new to anyone ... Harry Pierson recently built a
daily-build site for the IronPython and DLR Codeplex sites. Good news
for IronRuby is it's included in the DLR Codeplex source repository
(since IronRuby shares a source repository with DLR and IronPython, and
the DLR Codeplex site is a daily-updated mirror of that repository).

Here's the DLR Daily Build RSS Feed:
http://nightlybuilds.cloudapp.net/rss.ashx?project=dlr

Pick your poison (debug/release/silverlight debug/silverlight release)
and you'll get a build of IronRuby, IronPython, and the DLR in one
package. Soon we'll have a continuous integration server which produces
daily builds out of the git repository, but until then this may ease the
pain in getting builds.

~js
68f1bd9e9a7d9d10f0278c6535f700fe?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Letterle (mletterle)
I assume this is a Window/.NET build? :)

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Jimmy Schementi <
463a381eaf9c0c08bc130a1bea1874ee?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Foord (Guest)
Michael Letterle wrote:
> I assume this is a Window/.NET build? :)
Certainly as far as IronPython goes, binaries compiled on Windows work
on Mono (modulo any Mono bugs).

Michael
68f1bd9e9a7d9d10f0278c6535f700fe?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Letterle (mletterle)
Indeed, but it doesn't regression test building on mono (or under
linux).
Just wanted to confirm this wasn't happening since that's what I've been
working on and don't want to duplicate efforts.
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
It's not a CI server, or does a build in mono. It runs on his Windows
box in his office, and uploads the builds to Azure.
http://devhawk.net/2009/01/07/Nightly+Builds+Techn.... So,
Letterle ... keep doing what you're doing. =) But Foord is correct, that
the builds should work in Mono just fine.

~js

Indeed, but it doesn't regression test building on mono (or under
linux).  Just wanted to confirm this wasn't happening since that's what
I've been working on and don't want to duplicate efforts.

<Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com<mailto:Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com>
<mailto:Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com<mailto:Jimmy.Schementi@microsoft.com>>>
wrote:

   In case this is new to anyone ... Harry Pierson recently built a
   daily-build site for the IronPython and DLR Codeplex sites. Good
   news for IronRuby is it's included in the DLR Codeplex source
   repository (since IronRuby shares a source repository with DLR and
   IronPython, and the DLR Codeplex site is a daily-updated mirror of
   that repository).

   Here's the DLR Daily Build RSS Feed:

   http://nightlybuilds.cloudapp.net/rss.ashx?project=dlr

   Pick your poison (debug/release/silverlight debug/silverlight
   release) and you'll get a build of IronRuby, IronPython, and the
   DLR in one package. Soon we'll have a continuous integration
   server which produces daily builds out of the git repository, but
   until then this may ease the pain in getting builds.

   ~js

Michael Letterle
[Polymath Prokrammer]
http://blog.prokrams.com

I just tried 10216 release on my OSX (just brought a MacBook Air).
IronPython works, however IronRuby throws the following exception:

Pretty:Release Ben$ mono ir.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: Language name should
not be null, empty or duplicated between languages
Parameter name: names
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Utils.ContractUtils.Requires (Boolean
precondition, System.String paramName, System.String message)
[0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DlrConfiguration.AddLanguage
(System.String languageTypeName, System.String displayName, IList`1
names, IList`1 fileExtensions, IDictionary`2 options, System.String
paramName) [0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Runtime.DlrConfiguration.AddLanguage
(System.String languageTypeName, System.String displayName, IList`1
names, IList`1 fileExtensions, IDictionary`2 options) [0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup.ToConfiguration ()
[0x00000]
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime..ctor
(Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup setup) [0x00000]
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check)
Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntime:.ctor
(Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.ScriptRuntimeSetup)
  at Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.Shell.ConsoleHost.Run
(System.String[] args) [0x00000]
  at RubyConsoleHost.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Jimmy Schementi
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
Mmm, the Air is nice =) which build of Mono is that?
D4ced0fe3718f187173fc05dd7f33f57?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Hall (Guest)
The mono build is the latest one available from their main website for
OSX....

Pretty:~ Ben$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.2 (tarball Fri Jan  9 10:45:07 MST 2009)
Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Novell, Inc and Contributors.
www.mono-project.com
  TLS:           normal
  GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC)
  SIGSEGV:       normal
  Notification:  Thread + polling
  Architecture:  x86
  Disabled:      none

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Jimmy Schementi
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
Oy, something's slightly messed up. The ir.exe.config file that is
created is for a signed-version of ir.exe, but the DLR codeplex build
produces unsigned binaries. We're going to be delay-signing everything,
but I'm not sure why IPy is fine and IR isn't.

Make your ir.exe.config file the following, and it'll work (I just set
PublicKeyToken=null anywhere it was PublicKeyToken=3..., and removed the
Python/JS <language> nodes). And update your "LibraryPaths" to point to
the IronRuby libraries on your machine.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="microsoft.scripting"
type="Microsoft.Scripting.Hosting.Configuration.Section,
Microsoft.Scripting, Version=1.0.0.5000, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null" requirePermission="false" />
  </configSections>

  <microsoft.scripting>
    <languages>
      <language names="IronRuby;Ruby;rb" extensions=".rb"
displayName="IronRuby 1.0 Alpha" type="IronRuby.Runtime.RubyContext,
IronRuby, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" />
    </languages>
    <options>
      <set language="Ruby" option="LibraryPaths"
value="..\..\Languages\Ruby\libs\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\site_ruby\;..\..\..\External\Languages\Ruby\ruby-1.8.6\lib\ruby\1.8\"
/>
    </options>
  </microsoft.scripting>
</configuration>

~js
Cb51033949ffccd982ae32c9f890f25a?d=identicon&s=25 Tomas Matousek (Guest)
This might be a problem with signing. Is your IronRuby assembly
delay-signed?

Tomas