Forum: GNU Radio unable to locate an audio module

E64c0271235b001ae0c72cf5161d7ecc?d=identicon&s=25 Russell S. (russellsher)
Hi
I get the message : "unable to locate an audio module" when trying the
dial_tone.py example
I have installed ALSA drivers - is there  something else to check for?

regards
Russell

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 07:39:51AM +0200, Russel Sher wrote:
> Hi
> I get the message : "unable to locate an audio module" when trying the
> dial_tone.py example
> I have installed ALSA drivers - is there  something else to check for?

You'll need to ensure that gr-audio-alsa got configured, built and
installed.

Eric
2bdeff1ca8bc2aad24d1d71601c2ceeb?d=identicon&s=25 Karla S. (karlakompiles)
on 2009-10-09 20:00
> I have installed ALSA drivers - is there  something else to check for?

I had this same problem with Ubuntu 9.04 package install.  I double
checked the ALSA drivers and everything was fine.

Believe it or not, a reboot fixed my problem.  Hope this helps someone
else.