Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Delete a file and trash

C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2009-01-23 06:40
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).
D3c28010c86a4d142357af97a8d420ff?d=identicon&s=25 Marcin (Guest)
Vincent Carmona pisze:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
> to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
> find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
> only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).

gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs

m.

In <0e63e1a30b84fa4635e341e6a0143a4d@ruby-forum.com>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] Delete a file and trash" on Fri, 23 Jan 2009
06:40:46 +0100,
  Vincent Carmona <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a convenient way in ruby/gtk2 to move a file
> to user trash. Maybe ruby/gnomevfs implement this behavior but I did not
> find the correct method in the documentation. I would prefer to require
> only gtk2 (a Gtk or GLib method).

We don't have GIO bindings for now because we don't have
human resources to develop them. We need help!

kou
C4a836af7263f84a4f7cc91ed6f3ae77?d=identicon&s=25 Vincent Carmona (vinc-mai)
on 2009-01-26 03:44
Thanks for your replies.

Marcin wrote:
>gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
documentation on ruby/gvfs.

Kouhei Sutou wrote:
> We don't have GIO bindings for now because we don't have
> human resources to develop them. We need help!

Sorry but I cannot write GIO bindings. I am currently writting my first
application. I choose ruby to learn coding. I do not know (yet) howt to
bind c code.
Vincent Carmona pisze:
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Marcin wrote:
>> gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
> I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
> documentation on ruby/gvfs.

gio is a part of gvfs. if there's no gio bindings, i'm afraid that you
can't use gvfs

m/
B1a7c7924eae32c87c803b21995a172e?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Willems (elevenbits)
on 2009-01-27 17:13
Marcin wrote:
> Vincent Carmona pisze:
>> Thanks for your replies.
>>
>> Marcin wrote:
>>> gnomevfs is deprecated, look also for gvfs
>> I am going to take a look at gvfs. Do you know where i can find
>> documentation on ruby/gvfs.
>
> gio is a part of gvfs. if there's no gio bindings, i'm afraid that you
> can't use gvfs
>
> m/

Any plans of adding the gio to the ruby bindings?  Is some work done
already, so I could jump in?