Forum: IronRuby Zlib::Inflate error when installing gems

1e39a948a58f4569c53d971c2e120920?d=identicon&s=25 Ivan Porto carrero (casualjim)
I think you are aware of the error.. but I'd like to mention on the list
that you can get around it by first installing the gem in MRI that seems
make it go away.

» igem install bacon
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    allocator undefined for Zlib::Inflate
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
» gem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
» igem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    can't convert Array into String

To install the rails gem there is only one issue remaining and that has
do with a file in the actionmailer test fixtures. The name of the file
ends
in a ~ and apparently ironruby doesn't like that.
68f1bd9e9a7d9d10f0278c6535f700fe?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Letterle (mletterle)
/USUALLY/ filenames ending in ~ are backup files.. are you sure the file
causes issues is a critical file?
Ade8632553a9243ae05fc920f68644c1?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Deville (Guest)
The file may be an accidental checkin, but the bug is real. I should be
able to handle a file with ~ in the filename.

JD

/USUALLY/ filenames ending in ~ are backup files.. are you sure the file
causes issues is a critical file?
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Ivan Porto Carrero
<ivan@flanders.co.nz<mailto:ivan@flanders.co.nz>> wrote:
I think you are aware of the error.. but I'd like to mention on the list
that you can get around it by first installing the gem in MRI that seems
to make it go away.

> igem install bacon
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    allocator undefined for Zlib::Inflate
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
> gem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
+ C:\Users\Ivan Porto Carrero
> igem install bacon
Successfully installed bacon-1.1.0
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
Installing RDoc documentation for bacon-1.1.0...
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (TypeError)
    can't convert Array into String

To install the rails gem there is only one issue remaining and that has
to do with a file in the actionmailer test fixtures. The name of the
file ends in a ~ and apparently ironruby doesn't like that.
E1deaac6561498a0e7472e6268ea9ccc?d=identicon&s=25 Jimmy Schementi (Guest)
Please open a bug in rubyforge against me, I'll take a look at it.