Forum: Ruby Ruby wrapper for xmlsec?

Efa5e524e4fe6a096349cf93688a0a35?d=identicon&s=25 Duncan Bayne (duncan-bayne)
on 2009-01-22 11:18
Hi All,

If there's support for XML signing in Ruby out there, I can't find it (&
apparently neither can anyone on RailsForum
(http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=26227).

So, I was thinking of writing a Ruby wrapper for xmlsec
(http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/).  Nothing particularly fancy, to start
with just exposing the functionality that I need (signing & verifying an
entire XML document).

I do have a few questions though:

 - Before I start tilting at this particular windmill, does anyone know
of an existing xmlsec wrapper?  I can't find one myself but that's no
guarantee it doesn't exist.

 - Can anyone point me to a good, current, tutorial for creating Ruby
Gems?  A Google search turned up _many_ and I don't know which are
considered good by the Ruby community (I'm new to developing Gems but
have been using Rails for a few years now).

TIA for any help.

Yours,
Duncan Bayne
E07ae8ce20cafb107abefa4a7fd326b6?d=identicon&s=25 Friedrich Dominicus (friedrich)
on 2009-08-06 08:17
Duncan Bayne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> If there's support for XML signing in Ruby out there, I can't find it (&
> apparently neither can anyone on RailsForum
> (http://railsforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=26227).
>
> So, I was thinking of writing a Ruby wrapper for xmlsec
> (http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/).  Nothing particularly fancy, to start
> with just exposing the functionality that I need (signing & verifying an
> entire XML document).
>
> I do have a few questions though:
>
>  - Before I start tilting at this particular windmill, does anyone know
> of an existing xmlsec wrapper?  I can't find one myself but that's no
> guarantee it doesn't exist.
>
>  - Can anyone point me to a good, current, tutorial for creating Ruby
> Gems?  A Google search turned up _many_ and I don't know which are
> considered good by the Ruby community (I'm new to developing Gems but
> have been using Rails for a few years now).
>
> TIA for any help.
>
> Yours,
> Duncan Bayne

maybe a bit late but what about
http://wso2.org/

Regards
Friedrich
Efa5e524e4fe6a096349cf93688a0a35?d=identicon&s=25 Duncan Bayne (duncan-bayne)
on 2009-08-10 07:09
> maybe a bit late but what about
> http://wso2.org/

Not too late ... turns out that both that and XmlSig
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlsig) do what I want.