Forum: Ruby Ruby/MySQL code generator

5d1f1dd7003de9c04844b5cc7b8dfc88?d=identicon&s=25 Andy Grove (Guest)
CodeFutures has just released a new version of FireStorm/DAO which can
now generate Ruby source code implementing the Data Access Object
(DAO) design pattern. The generated code relies on the mysql-ruby
module to access the database.

FireStorm/DAO also supports code generation for Java and is a free
product (limited to generating code for 20 tables from a schema but a
commercial version is available that removes the restriction).

For example generated code, see this page:
http://www.codefutures.com/mysql-ruby/

To download the free version of the product, see this page:
http://www.codefutures.com/products/firestorm/download/

Regards,

Andy Grove
Chief Architect
CodeFutures Corporation
86e33dee4a89a8879a26487051c216a8?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Fellinger (Guest)
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
wrote:
> CodeFutures has just released a new version of FireStorm/DAO which can
> now generate Ruby source code implementing the Data Access Object
> (DAO) design pattern. The generated code relies on the mysql-ruby
> module to access the database.

Sorry, but i did read your page and couldn't find any information of
why one would use this over a normal ORM (AR, Sequel, DM, ...). There
seem to be no benefits (i would count code generation even as a
liability), and it is tied to mysql.
Is there more to come?

^ manveru
699c00ad35f2755810b4aa5f423d73e2?d=identicon&s=25 Albert Schlef (alby)
on 2009-01-22 14:03
Michael Fellinger wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Andy Grove <andygrove73@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> CodeFutures has just released a new version of FireStorm/DAO which can
>> now generate Ruby source code implementing the Data Access Object
>> (DAO) design pattern. The generated code relies on the mysql-ruby
>> module to access the database.
>
> Sorry, but i did read your page and couldn't find any information of
> why one would use this over a normal ORM (AR, Sequel, DM, ...). [...]

Yeah, I too would like to get an answer for that.