Forum: Ruby on Rails what is calling ApplicationController#index

9d12e24c0a3aebe28b58682d517acdfb?d=identicon&s=25 ybernet@msn.com (Guest)
I'm probably missing something very obvious here, but - I just started
noticing error messages from my log, of the form:

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/bullet.gif" with
{:method=>:get}):

These immediately follow:

Processing ApplicationController#index (for 127.0.0.1 at 2009-01-19
06:51:04) [GET]

The thing is - I never call ApplicationController#index. What's
calling this and why?

Any clues would be very much appreciated.

Yoram
5772c599ccab3081e0fffb1d54f3b6de?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Timberlake (andrewtimberlake)
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:56 PM, ybernet@msn.com <ybernet@msn.com>
wrote:

> 06:51:04) [GET]
>
> The thing is - I never call ApplicationController#index. What's
> calling this and why?
>
> Any clues would be very much appreciated.
>
> Yoram

Looks like you have a wrong image path in your application /bullet.gif
instead of /images/bullet.gif

ApplicationController is catching the call to /bullet.gif and using a
default action of index because there's no controller specified in the
uri

--
Andrew Timberlake
http://ramblingsonrails.com