Forum: Ruby on Rails nested resources & render

60a3df689ea2a20d11d3986e02f9b7d1?d=identicon&s=25 Javier_CH (Guest)
Is there a way to render actions from different controllers? Now
you're probably thinking "why isn't he using redirect_to?". Well,
because I need to display validation-errors on that view and those
informations would be lost if I use redirect_to.

Sounds a bit complicated? Tthe following pastie illustrates the
problem (check line 30):

http://pastie.textmate.org/362540

Does anyone have a "restful" solution to this problem?

Saludos
Javier
8853f712852b03ba6646b59b1723f44d?d=identicon&s=25 Flower Born (flowerborn)
* Javier_CH <vazqujav@gmail.com> [2009-01-16 09:08:57 -0800]:

> Is there a way to render actions from different controllers? Now
> you're probably thinking "why isn't he using redirect_to?". Well,
> because I need to display validation-errors on that view and those
> informations would be lost if I use redirect_to.
>
> Sounds a bit complicated? Tthe following pastie illustrates the
> problem (check line 30):
>
> http://pastie.textmate.org/362540

I think you can do

  render :template => 'articles/show'