Forum: Radiant CMS file system extension and reorder

E91bbb5eae81347ed57880eea764c0f9?d=identicon&s=25 Keith Bingman (kbingman)
Has anyone gotten the reoder extension to work with the file_system
extension? It seems to be dumping the position column of the pages,
but on reimport they are no longer there. A quick look (very quick...)
didn't reveal anything to me.

Any ideas?

Keith Bingman
514784888f1bbfb08a189684bf14abc2?d=identicon&s=25 Andrew Neil (Guest)
On 16 Jan 2009, at 14:47, Keith Bingman wrote:

> Has anyone gotten the reoder extension to work with the file_system
> extension? It seems to be dumping the position column of the pages,
> but on reimport they are no longer there. A quick look (very
> quick...) didn't reveal anything to me.

It works OK for me. I've just set up a test, using the latest versions
of reorder and file_system. I ran `rake file_system:to_files`, which
created the sitemap on my filesystem, then ran `rake
file_system:to_db` and everything made its way back into the database.
The position column was intact. I also tried editing the position
values as captured in yaml files on the file system. Loading the files
back into the db, the position values were updated to those I had
edited in the files.

Perhaps you are not running the latest version of the file_system
extension? Try updating it. If the problem persists, let us know.

Cheers,
Drew

p.s. Just for the record: the latest reorder extension has been
upgraded to work with Radiant 0.7. To make it work with Radiant 0.6.9,
I had to change the file reorder_extension.rb as follows:

  def activate
    Admin::PagesController.send :include,
Reorder::PagesControllerExtensions
    Admin::PagesController.send :helper, Reorder::PageHelper

  def activate
    Admin::PageController.send :include,
Reorder::PagesControllerExtensions
    Admin::PageController.send :helper, Reorder::PageHelper