Forum: GNU Radio Re: USB2 problems with Fedora/USRP

83cfe44af85b7477257ed37b0037e2d4?d=identicon&s=25 Alberto Trentadue (Guest)

>On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 22:37 +0100, Alberto Trentadue wrote:
>
>> It seems that I was wrong: USB2 driver seems to be working well, at least for the first
>> configuration steps, because I am successful in configuring the Cypress FX2.
>> Then it looks like the problem is actually
>> in the next step, that is, loading the fpga bitstream
/usr/local/hamradio/gnuradio/share/usrp/rev4/std_2rxhb_2tx.
rbf

=== Johnathan Corgan wrote ===
>In my experience, a successful FX2 load followed by a failed FPGA load
>is often due to poor USB physical integrity, such as a cable, connector,
>or hub.  I know it sounds formulaic, but for whatever reason, I've
>encountered this with the USRP on multiple occasions, where replacing
>the cable with a different one, ensuring that has the 2.0 compliance
>logo on it, fixes it.  YMMV, of course.
===

Well, I'm using the cable shipped with the USRP.
It is out-of-the-wrapper new and shows a shiny USB2 logo.
But, yes, I'll try changing the cable and the USB connector, as I'm not
using any external hub.

What about my questions?
1. What can I use to trace/debug/investigate the final fpga load
operation?
2. Where is the source code of the program performing the actual fpga
load?
3. What does it mean that led D402 turns on during this (test)?

Thanks so much.
Alberto

Attiva Tiscali Voce 8 Mega: telefoni e navighi senza limiti a soli €15
AL MESE PER 1 ANNO. Dopo paghi €29,90 al mese. Attiva entro il 15/01/09!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/voce8mega/