Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 How to participate in Ruby hiki

46a8ebdfabc2485407f89a2db5bdafb7?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Pirnovar (rooby)
on 2009-01-14 23:10
Hi everyone.

I have a two questions about participation in Ruby "hiki"
(http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi). I decided to help with
manuals and tutorials. So far I managed to get most of my work done,
however sometimes it looks that I am prevented doing certain updates,
which get discarded as SPAM. Though in some areas this is arguably
justified, let me mention another such case where perhaps authorization
my be the problem. After contributing a significant amount of my work
and time, I wanted to add my name to the narrative in front of the
articles. I was consistently being refused to do the modification,
regardless of what I wrote.

Believing that authorization might have been the problem I tried to be
log in with my username and the password I use here on the forum. Again
this did not work.

Does anybody know how to get these two problems resolved?

Thank you,
Igor
46a8ebdfabc2485407f89a2db5bdafb7?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Pirnovar (rooby)
on 2009-01-14 23:45
Hi everyone.

I have a few questions about participation in Ruby "hiki"
(http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi). I decided to help with
manuals and tutorials. So far I managed to get most of my work done,
however sometimes it looks that I am prevented doing certain updates,
which get discarded as SPAM. Though in some areas this is arguably
justified, let me mention another such case where perhaps authorization
my be the problem. After contributing a significant amount of my work
and time, I wanted to add my name to the narrative in front of the
articles. I was consistently being refused to do the modification,
regardless of what I wrote.

Believing that authorization might have been the problem I tried to log
in with my username and the password I use here on the forum. Again this
did not work.

My last question is a coding question. Namely I would like to link to a
text within the article, that is I do not wish to jump on an external
URL but rather to a title inside the text. For instance, I was expecting
that something like the following would work:

|                     o o o                                         |
| ... we refer to the "((<extra gadget|this-article#Extra Gadget>)) |
|                     o o o                                         |
|                     o o o                                         |
|                     o o o                                         |
| === Extra Gatget                                                  |
|                     o o o                                         |

Does anybody know how to get these two problems resolved?

Thank you
Igor

PS: I miss the feature to correct your earlier post ;)

In <87bf64994f7065fdabc350f2bfa6c4e0@ruby-forum.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] How to participate in Ruby hiki" on Wed,
14 Jan 2009 23:45:43 +0100,
  Igor Pirnovar <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> I have a few questions about participation in Ruby "hiki"
> (http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi). I decided to help with
> manuals and tutorials. So far I managed to get most of my work done,

Veeeery thanks!!!

> did not work.
Sorry. I've fixed it now.

> |                     o o o                                         |
> | === Extra Gatget                                                  |
> |                     o o o                                         |

It seems that the markup works: ((<LABEL|PAGE_NAME#ANCHOR>))
It doesn't work?

kou
46a8ebdfabc2485407f89a2db5bdafb7?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Pirnovar (rooby)
on 2009-01-16 15:21
Kouhei Sutou wrote:

> It seems that the markup works: ((<LABEL|PAGE_NAME#ANCHOR>))
> It doesn't work?

I must have miskeyed something when i tested my code the first time. My
second test yesterday just after I opened this thread proved me wrong.
The linking within the text does work as expected.

Now only the questions about the mysterious and rather annoying SPAM
blocking mechanism and the possible  authorization  and/or authoring
skims in hiki remain opened.

Thank you Kouhei, cheers, Igor

In <fce2d3d63cef2913a849290820aa0cd4@ruby-forum.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] How to participate in Ruby hiki" on Fri,
16 Jan 2009 15:21:00 +0100,
  Igor Pirnovar <ruby-forum-incoming@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> Now only the questions about the mysterious and rather annoying SPAM
> blocking mechanism and the possible  authorization  and/or authoring
> skims in hiki remain opened.

spam:
  I've updated bayes DB. I hope this solves your problem.

authorization:
  I can tell you Hiki's account if I know your mail address.

authoring skim:
  Is it about signing your name in the Hiki? If so, you can
  do. It's better that ChangeLog style is used because other
  pages use the style. e.g. See the end of the page:
    http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Gtk%3A%...
  And this page is also good place for that:
    http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Authors

kou
46a8ebdfabc2485407f89a2db5bdafb7?d=identicon&s=25 Igor Pirnovar (rooby)
on 2009-01-16 16:50
Kouhei Sutou wrote:

> authorization:
>   I can tell you Hiki's account if I know your mail address.

I would like to have an account with Hiki, also I will add myself to
"Authors" page. But I first would like to have my user ID in Hiki. Here
is my email gooigpi@gmail.com.

I really appreciate your help Kouhei.
Igor