Forum: RSpec [cucumber] missing the command --line option

75cf3e99d398f414c227a63bcdb46b51?d=identicon&s=25 Fernando García Samblas (Guest)
Cucus,

previous versions of cucumber had a command --line option that let you
run only one scenario given its line at the feature file.

Now, as far as I know, to do the same thing (run a specific scenario) I
have to use the --scenario option writing the scenario name.

In my opinion, since cucumber's standard output gives you each
scenario's line number, I feel that the --line option was faster and
easier to use.

WDYT?

--
Fernando García Samblas
fernando.garcia@the-cocktail.com

The Cocktail
C/ Salamanca 17
28020 Madrid
+34 91 567 06 05
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Fernando García Samblas <
fernando.garcia@the-cocktail.com> wrote:

> Cucus,
>
> previous versions of cucumber had a command --line option that let you
> run only one scenario given its line at the feature file.

foo.feature:line is even faster - you can copy-paste it

http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...
On 14 Jan 2009, at 19:22, Fernando García Samblas wrote:

> In my opinion, since cucumber's standard output gives you each
> scenario's line number, I feel that the --line option was faster and
> easier to use.
>
> WDYT?

Use this syntax:

cucumber path/to/your.feature:41

where 41 is the line number where your scenario starts. It's actually
pretty nice as you can copy / paste it straight in from the backtrace,
though it's a shame it's inconsistent with rpsec.

Matt Wynne
http://blog.mattwynne.net
http://www.songkick.com
75cf3e99d398f414c227a63bcdb46b51?d=identicon&s=25 Fernando García Samblas (Guest)
aslak hellesoy
escribió:>
> foo.feature:line is even faster - you can copy-paste it
In two words: awe-some :)

Thanks again!

> http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/runn...
I should read the wiki before asking at the list
I should read the wiki before asking at the list
I should read the wiki before asking at the list
[1000 times ;)]

escribió:> Use this syntax:

> cucumber path/to/your.feature:41
Thanks Matt!

"I should read usage info from top to bottom before asking in the list"