Forum: Ruby on Rails freeze doesn't work!

Ffd881829651935d986c52d12279befb?d=identicon&s=25 Zhenning Guan (rubyernewbie)
on 2009-01-10 15:59
I have a rails 2.2.2, but recently I receive a project need rails 2.1.2
environment. So I swith to the project directory to freeze the rails
version.
rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_2-1-2
I got a shocked when I script/server, a messsage look like this:
Rails 2.3.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
rails 2.30????????? not 2.1.2?
any thought here?
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 6:59 AM, Zhenning Guan
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

> I have a rails 2.2.2, but recently I receive a project need rails 2.1.2
> environment. So I swith to the project directory to freeze the rails
> version.
> rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_2-1-2
> I got a shocked when I script/server, a messsage look like this:
> Rails 2.3.0 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
> rails 2.30????????? not 2.1.2?
> any thought here?

`rake --describe` prints, among other things,

rake rails:freeze:edge
    Lock to latest Edge Rails, for a specific release use RELEASE=1.2.0

So it looks like your TAG is incorrect, and hence ignored.

HTH,