Forum: Ruby on Rails BlackBook Gem

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
6a83bc15df2fb6ece78f39bff2e25c02?d=identicon&s=25 Gaurav Sharma (mudgilgaurav)
on 2009-01-09 11:30
Hi All

I am new to BlackBook Gem , and i am really exited to implement this
utility in my web application to enable the users of my website to fetch
their contacts from the AOL , Yahoo , Gmail etc.

My Application is implemented in PHP. So please suggest me how to use
blackbook gem with my existing PHP application.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Gaurav
81b61875e41eaa58887543635d556fca?d=identicon&s=25 Frederick Cheung (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 11:44
(Received via mailing list)
On 9 Jan 2009, at 10:30, Gaurav Sharma wrote:

>
> Hi All
>
> I am new to BlackBook Gem , and i am really exited to implement this
> utility in my web application to enable the users of my website to
> fetch
> their contacts from the AOL , Yahoo , Gmail etc.
>
> My Application is implemented in PHP. So please suggest me how to use
> blackbook gem with my existing PHP application.
It's a ruby library. You can only access it from ruby, so I suggest
you learn some ruby

Fred
6a83bc15df2fb6ece78f39bff2e25c02?d=identicon&s=25 Gaurav Sharma (mudgilgaurav)
on 2009-01-09 11:46
Frederick Cheung wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2009, at 10:30, Gaurav Sharma wrote:
>
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I am new to BlackBook Gem , and i am really exited to implement this
>> utility in my web application to enable the users of my website to
>> fetch
>> their contacts from the AOL , Yahoo , Gmail etc.
>>
>> My Application is implemented in PHP. So please suggest me how to use
>> blackbook gem with my existing PHP application.
> It's a ruby library. You can only access it from ruby, so I suggest
> you learn some ruby
>
> Fred

Hi Fred

Thanks for your response , can i embed this ruby application in my PHP
application.??
Fac81a9d95c81d817a2debb6f717f3ac?d=identicon&s=25 Sazima (Guest)
on 2009-01-09 15:09
(Received via mailing list)
Gaurav,

You can have rails and PHP co-existing in the same server, but you
would have to "glue" the applications together... You cannout use the
gem directly in your PHP application.

Cheers, Sazima

On Jan 9, 8:46 am, Gaurav Sharma <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
6a83bc15df2fb6ece78f39bff2e25c02?d=identicon&s=25 Gaurav Sharma (mudgilgaurav)
on 2009-01-20 09:30
Sazima wrote:
> Gaurav,
>
> You can have rails and PHP co-existing in the same server, but you
> would have to "glue" the applications together... You cannout use the
> gem directly in your PHP application.
>
> Cheers, Sazima
>
> On Jan 9, 8:46�am, Gaurav Sharma <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Hi Sazima,

Thanks for your response , can i invoke the ruby file/application that
is using gem and returning the output to the PHP variable or i need to
develop an web service in ruby and to invoke that web service from PHP.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Gaurav
Fac81a9d95c81d817a2debb6f717f3ac?d=identicon&s=25 Sazima (Guest)
on 2009-01-20 19:47
(Received via mailing list)
Well, you could develop a shell script / rake task or something like
this, but I think its cleaner to do it via web service.

Cheers, Sazima

On Jan 20, 6:30 am, Gaurav Sharma <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.