Forum: Ruby on Rails Dumb problem using BackgroundRb

4aac499fafdb5e019d22ed857e731d2f?d=identicon&s=25 Federico Brubacher (fbrubacher)
on 2009-01-08 15:22
 i'm trying to use BackgroundRb but when I do    worker =
MiddleMan(:tag_sending_worker) in my controller i get "undefined method
`MiddleMan' for #<SchedulesController:0x25be080> , but when i do it from
the console it works fine.

Of course i tried restarting my mongrel and restarting the backgroundrb
process but no luck , any ideas o this ? It iis a weird problem , I
don't know why it does the lookup in my Controller class only :(

Thanks a lot in advance
1f36de0ab637612b390bbc4ac52b0b80?d=identicon&s=25 huard.elise@gmail.com (Guest)
hi,

the invocation in your controller should go
Middleman.worker(:my_worker).my_method(:arguments)
see documentation: http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/

btw I'm not using backgroundrb anymore, i got fed up with unclear
error messages and relative instability.  I'm now using workling-
starling for any new projects.

Elise

On Jan 8, 3:22 pm, Federico Brubacher <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
87e41d0d468ad56a3b07d9a6482fd6d5?d=identicon&s=25 Hemant Kumar (gnufied)
On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Federico Brubacher
<rails-mailing-list@andreas-s.net> wrote:

>  i'm trying to use BackgroundRb but when I do    worker =
> MiddleMan(:tag_sending_worker) in my controller i get "undefined method
> `MiddleMan' for #<SchedulesController:0x25be080> , but when i do it from
> the console it works fine.
>
> Of course i tried restarting my mongrel and restarting the backgroundrb
> process but no luck , any ideas o this ? It iis a weird problem , I
> don't know why it does the lookup in my Controller class only :(

Okay. Looks like, you have config.plugins in your
RAILS_ROOT/environments/production.rb and hence backgroundrb isn't
getting loaded. If not that, are you using config.plugins in
environment.rb??
4aac499fafdb5e019d22ed857e731d2f?d=identicon&s=25 Federico Brubacher (fbrubacher)
on 2009-01-09 00:03
huard.elise@gmail.com wrote:
> hi,
>
> the invocation in your controller should go
> Middleman.worker(:my_worker).my_method(:arguments)
> see documentation: http://backgroundrb.rubyforge.org/
>
> btw I'm not using backgroundrb anymore, i got fed up with unclear
> error messages and relative instability.  I'm now using workling-
> starling for any new projects.
>
> Elise
>
> On Jan 8, 3:22�pm, Federico Brubacher <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-

Thanks Elise that worked !