Forum: Ruby on Rails installing RoR OS X Leopard

60eb5adb30c930ee7d575c7fc1793636?d=identicon&s=25 Cormac Moylan (cormacm)
Hi guys,
I have run into some problems with my RoR installation on Leopard. I'm
wondering if there are any logical ways from the command line to
uninstall everything I have installed in order to start fresh? I have
installed ruby, rails, rubygems, sqlite, readline, and mysql.

Cheers,
Cormac
On 08 Jan 2009, at 12:33, cormacmoylan wrote:

> I have run into some problems with my RoR installation on Leopard. I'm
> wondering if there are any logical ways from the command line to
> uninstall everything I have installed in order to start fresh? I have
> installed ruby, rails, rubygems, sqlite, readline, and mysql.

Why? It comes for free with the default Leopard install.

Assuming that you've been disciplined and installed everything in /usr/
local/xxxx and kept your compiled source files, you could try "sudo
make uninstall" on the components first and if that doesn't work, just
delete the respective executables.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt