From: Shri Borde
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:43 AM
To: Jim Deville
Cc: ironruby-core@rubyforge.org
Subject: Thread status tests

There are four ways to check the status of threads, Thread#status,
Thread#inspect, Thread#alive?, and Thread#stop?. Any objection to adding
a single shared file which checks the result of all the four APIs? It
won't follow the standard pattern of it_behaves_like for aliases since
these are all different APIs and not aliases. However, it will help
check all of them consistently. I wanted to check  if this idea made
sense before pushing in that direction.

Thanks,
Shri
Aea6cfe04952626ab630bde47ff82f89?d=identicon&s=25 Shri Borde (Guest)
Yeah, I can probably unify the fixtures but leave the expectations in
the individual spec files.

I would rather implement them all separately. They all act differently.
Status returns a simple string, inspect returns an inspection string,
and alive and stop are Boolean. I would leave the shared pattern for the
way it is now. You can probably take advantage of sharing methods in the
fixtures.

JD