Membership tutorial?

Anybody know of a good tutorial showing how to use
Rails with web site membership? i.e. use a filter to
authenticate, store member info in session/cookie,
login, send passwords, etc.

thanks
csn

http://farechase.yahoo.com

I’m not aware of a tutorial, but the Model Security generator does
this decently. I believe the new login engine has a decent
implementation of this as well, but haven’t gotten around to checking
it out yet. You could either use one of those tools directly, or
generate a sample project and rifle through the code to get a feel
for how it’s done, and then re-implement it in your project. HTH…

Cheers,
Mark

http://perens.com/FreeSoftware/ModelSecurity/Tutorial.html
http://randomoracle.org/2005/09/24/extensible-authorisation-for-rails
> * AccessControlList:
Peak Obsession
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/SaltedHashLoginGenerator
> * LoginGeneratorACLSystem:
Peak Obsession
> * LoginGenerator:
Peak Obsession
> * LoginEngine: …

Am I the only one to feel very uncomfortable with this abundance?
In the good old days, all you needed was 2 books and 1 core.

Why is a “basic” and vital feature like authentication not in the core?
And I18n? That blows me!

Alain R.