Forum: Ruby on Rails error with production setup on Linode

82e31cc9f57fcbd5c797ac4f8e3a7551?d=identicon&s=25 Jason White (silliemunkie)
Hello All,    I have gotten my VPS setup on linode, and now i'm in the
process of getting a rails app running. I was able to get Spree
(spreehq.com)
running with very little effort. Now i'm trying to do the same with
Radiant
CMS, but i keep getting this error when i browse to the home
page:Application
error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
(like
in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

if i navigate to the /admin link, i can see the admin login, and then
login
to the admin section with no problems. i am sure this is a configuration
issue, but cannot figure out what settings i need to change.

Settings:

Ubuntu 8.10

Ruby 1.8.7

Rails 2.2.2

Gems 1.3.0

Passenger 2.0.6

http://thecatatemysourcecode.com

thank you,

Jason
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM, jason white
<stonesoupandboiledfrogs@gmail.com> wrote:

> i keep getting this error when i browse to the home page:
>
> Application error

Seriously -- wha? There has to be something in your logs a *little*
more informative than that...

90e7e04c730e1b747288051af34c3bb0?d=identicon&s=25 rp8 -_- (rp8)
on 2009-01-06 03:51
Jason White wrote:
> Hello All,    I have gotten my VPS setup on linode, and now i'm in the
> process of getting a rails app running. I was able to get Spree
> (spreehq.com)
> running with very little effort. Now i'm trying to do the same with
> Radiant
> CMS, but i keep getting this error when i browse to the home
> page:Application
> error
>
> Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
> (like
> in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html
>

> if i navigate to the /admin link, i can see the admin login, and then
> login
> to the admin section with no problems. i am sure this is a configuration
> issue, but cannot figure out what settings i need to change.
>

> Settings:
>
> Ubuntu 8.10
>
> Ruby 1.8.7
>
> Rails 2.2.2
>
> Gems 1.3.0
>
> Passenger 2.0.6
>

> http://thecatatemysourcecode.com
>

> thank you,
>
> Jason

What DB are you using? Is it accepting connection from unix socket or
tcp?

We're using same vendor and similar setup except we use nginx/thin.
Radiant CMS works fine.

Regards,

rp8
http://lun.competo.com