Forum: IronRuby Error retrieving from github

55ddccf193d86ef28a1aab323118abb3?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Jack (colinjack)

I've been trying to get IronRuby from GIT using the steps in Ben's blog
(http://blog.benhall.me.uk/2008/12/downloading-iron...)
but keep getting this error:

github.com[0: 65.74.177.129]: errno=Invalid argument
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Invalid argument)

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this or could point me in the
right direction?

Thanks,

Colin
806ef55917f436850d2c4b0a5703e7cc?d=identicon&s=25 Jirapong Nanta (jirapong)
Hi Colin,
  You might want to check with this guide
http://github.com/guides/getting-a-copy-of-your-github-repo
   first.

Hope this helps,
-Jirapong
55ddccf193d86ef28a1aab323118abb3?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Jack (colinjack)
on 2009-01-05 16:13
Jirapong Nanta wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>   You might want to check with this guide
> http://github.com/guides/getting-a-copy-of-your-github-repo
>    first.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Jirapong

Ta for the link, done all that now but same error. However "ssh -v
git@github.com" failed so I'm guessing it must be a firewall/proxy error
but can't get that config to work either and using HTTP just brings
other errors (http://github.com/blog/92-http-cloning).

Guess its just a little less friendly that I would have hoped, will keep
trying anyway.

Ta,

Colin
68f1bd9e9a7d9d10f0278c6535f700fe?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Letterle (Guest)
To just do a clone, you shouldn't need ssh or any special firewall rules
try
using http instead:  git clone http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby.git
55ddccf193d86ef28a1aab323118abb3?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Jack (colinjack)
on 2009-01-05 16:56
Michael Letterle wrote:
> To just do a clone, you shouldn't need ssh or any special firewall rules
> try
> using http instead:  git clone http://github.com/ironruby/ironruby.git

Hi,

Yeah I tried that but got other errors ("Cannot get remote repository
information"). I'm guessing its proxy relate but I feel like I've wasted
way too much time chasing my tail with so I must admit I gave up and
just download the zip from github.

Ta to you Jirapong for the help, I guess I need to learn to use git at
some point.

Colin