Forum: RSpec Getting heckled by Heckle?

3da512875f3295be2d577fa70b3493b4?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian W. (globulus)
on 2009-01-03 08:07
Hello RSpec folks,
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the Heckle integration in
RSpec?

I go to heckle my spec, and everything seems to start out okay. But then
something weird happens:

3 mutations remaining...
2 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
1 mutations remaining...
#repeat the above line forever...

I've tried waiting to see if I just need to be patient, but Heckle never
seems to exit.

FWIW, I'm running my spec in the following manner:

spec --heckle Seeker seeker_spec.rb

And as you may guess, the name of my class is "Seeker". Any thoughts?
428167a3ec72235ba971162924492609?d=identicon&s=25 Yehuda Katz (wycats)
There is more than 1 bug in Heckle that can produce this behavior. Tim
Carey
Smith (halorgium) has been working on a much saner replacement with
effectively the same feature set called boo_hiss, but I'm not sure if
it's
quite ready yet. I've used it a bit but last I checked the user
interface
(not GUI, just command-line interface) was rough around the edges.
-- Yehuda
3da512875f3295be2d577fa70b3493b4?d=identicon&s=25 Sebastian W. (globulus)
on 2009-01-04 07:01
Yehuda Katz wrote:
> There is more than 1 bug in Heckle that can produce this behavior. Tim
> Carey
> Smith (halorgium) has been working on a much saner replacement with
> effectively the same feature set called boo_hiss, but I'm not sure if
> it's
> quite ready yet. I've used it a bit but last I checked the user
> interface
> (not GUI, just command-line interface) was rough around the edges.
> -- Yehuda

Cool, thanks Yehuda! I'll hold on tight and wait for that. :)