Forum: Ruby on Rails Retrieving multiple types with Ferret

4ddf8432a838f716cc499e43131e5e58?d=identicon&s=25 James Englert (Guest)
Hey,
  I want to store multiple different types of items in Ferret.  I can
store
them all fine but retrieval seems troublesome.  When i get items of
multiple
types back in a result set, how can I figure out what type they are and
process accordingly.  Does Ferret have some way to retrieve the actual
object back?  That would be ideal.

Thanks,
Jim
4b1b339ee3f96d37aba2adfa3e03276e?d=identicon&s=25 Brandon Keepers (Guest)
Jim,

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:58 AM, James Englert <englert.james@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey,
>   I want to store multiple different types of items in Ferret.  I can store
> them all fine but retrieval seems troublesome.  When i get items of multiple
> types back in a result set, how can I figure out what type they are and
> process accordingly.  Does Ferret have some way to retrieve the actual
> object back?  That would be ideal.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

I posted a tutorial on using shared indexes a while ago, but I think
it's still relevant:
http://opensoul.org/2008/4/29/using-shared-indexes...

Brandon
Training by Collective Idea: Ruby on Rails training in a vacation
setting
http://training.collectiveidea.com – San Antonio, TX – Jan 20-23