Forum: Ruby on Rails Help turn on ssl

962665c82599a4af222233a4c4415925?d=identicon&s=25 Gilbert Gift Siima (Guest)
Greetings to you all. I am trying to delop a site and wanted users to
login seusurely over ssl. I am using rails 1.8.6 and when ever I try
to configure the apache server using this code, it stopes giving me a
spelling error or code not suitable

Thisis the code I use to cinfigure the apche server to access the page
called "user/login"

in the httpd.config i use,

<virtualHost *:433>
SSLEngine on
RequestHeader set user/login "https"

</virtualHost>
I also put this code int he application_controller

def ssl_required?
    true
 end

Then I call ssl_required on different controllers i want ot secure

for example ssl_required :login
--
Love is the greatest
C716fc4403801b02e67fe4c0fdec4e19?d=identicon&s=25 Ramu (Guest)

In your httpd.conf add this line under <VirtualHost:443> block

Then your VirtualHost looks like below:

<virtualHost *:433>
SSLEngine on
RequestHeader set X_FORWARDED_PROTO 'https'
</virtualHost>

And remove  def ssl_required? from application_controller.rb

Restart apache.

--
Ramu